Volunteers are at the heart of our work and add value to everything we do. We appreciate every single offer of support we receive, but we do have limited volunteering opportunities currently, with a waiting list for volunteer vacancies. If you have specific skills to offer (such as ESOL qualifications) please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Libby, so we can be in touch as and when opportunities arise.
If we don’t have the right volunteering opportunity for you at the moment, there are lots of other ways in which you can get involved and show your support for refugees in Suffolk:
- Donate to our work with supporting refugees and asylum seekers in Suffolk. We are a small, independent charity and anything you can give will make a real difference.
- Join our mailing list so you can keep up-to-date with regular Suffolk Refugee Support news, events and appeals
- Hold a fundraising event, with our support
- Offer a work placement for our clients or help us get in touch with business contacts who might be able to help
- Become a member of Suffolk Refugee Support
You can also keep up-to-date with the latest volunteer vacancies by following our Facebook page.
Please note, we ask for a minimum time commitment of several months for most of our volunteer roles. Also, due to the vulnerable nature of our client group, we are obliged to carry out checks (such as DBS) on new volunteer applications and this can delay the process of getting started. We hope you understand and will bear with us if this is the case – we really do appreciate the generosity of time, energy and skills offered by all those interested in helping refugees in Suffolk!
Suffolk Refugee Support is committed to equal opportunities and to supporting diversity both in the provision of services and as an employer. You can read our full Equality & Diversity Statement here.