We are looking for a volunteer with a background in either IT or office/admin work to provide IT support to a client who is doing a business course at college and needs extra support with skills such as managing documents, using file explorer, using Google Drive etc. Ideally you would be available for a face-to-face session on Wednesday afternoons or at weekends, but online support would also be possible.
If you might be able to help with this role, please contact Libby, our Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com
If we don’t have the right volunteering opportunity for you at the moment, there are lots of other ways in which you can get involved and show your support for refugees in Suffolk:
- Donate to our work with refugees from Afghanistan and elsewhere. We are a small, independent charity and anything you can give will make a real difference.
- Join our mailing list so you can keep up-to-date with regular Suffolk Refugee Support news, events and appeals
- Hold a fundraising event, with our support
- Offer a work placement for our clients or help us get in touch with business contacts who might be able to help
- Become a member of Suffolk Refugee Support
You can also keep up-to-date with the latest volunteer vacancies by following our Facebook page.
Please note, we ask for a minimum time commitment of several months for most of our volunteer roles. Also, due to the vulnerable nature of our client group, we are obliged to carry out checks (such as DBS) on new volunteer applications and this can delay the process of getting started. We hope you understand and will bear with us if this is the case – we really do appreciate the generosity of time, energy and skills offered by all those interested in helping refugees in Suffolk!
Suffolk Refugee Support is committed to equal opportunities and to supporting diversity both in the provision of services and as an employer. You can read our full Equality & Diversity Statement here.