Volunteers are at the heart of our work and add value to everything we do. If you might be able to help with any of the roles below, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Libby: email@example.com
We have the following volunteering opportunities:
- Volunteer at our ESOL classes on Monday mornings in Ipswich 9.30-11am and 11.30-1pm – helping to set up the sessions (mixed gender), assisting the teacher and supporting individual clients
- Ukrainian-speakers (also fluent in English) to help us provide support to Ukrainian refugees arriving in Suffolk
If we don’t have the right volunteering opportunity for you at the moment, there are lots of other ways in which you can get involved and show your support for refugees in Suffolk:
- Donate to our work with supporting refugees and asylum seekers in Suffolk. We are a small, independent charity and anything you can give will make a real difference.
- Join our mailing list so you can keep up-to-date with regular Suffolk Refugee Support news, events and appeals
- Hold a fundraising event, with our support
- Offer a work placement for our clients or help us get in touch with business contacts who might be able to help
- Become a member of Suffolk Refugee Support
You can also keep up-to-date with the latest volunteer vacancies by following our Facebook page.
Please note, we ask for a minimum time commitment of several months for most of our volunteer roles. Also, due to the vulnerable nature of our client group, all new volunteers are obliged to undergo an Enhanced DBS check and complete Safeguarding courses and Health and Safety & GDPR training before volunteering. Please take into account whether you are able to commit to this before applying. We know this can delay the process of getting started but hope you understand and will bear with us – we really do appreciate the generosity of time, energy and skills offered by all those interested in helping refugees in Suffolk!
Suffolk Refugee Support is committed to equal opportunities and to supporting diversity both in the provision of services and as an employer. You can read our full Equality & Diversity Statement here.